Every blackjack tournament is different than the others. The basic tournament blackjack rules would all remain the same but there might be some additional rules special for that tournament. Every tournament would have a structure which would consist of several rounds. In the beginning of the round, every player would start with the same number of chips no matter what they won or lost in the last round. The total number of rounds would be determined by the number of players which would remain at the end of the round.
Every player will have to buy in with money which might be listed in the rules which is then deducted from the player’s bankroll. There are a few tournaments which would also require a pass for competing. The winnings are credited to the player’s bankroll when they are eliminated from the tournament. Some of them would also have additional prizes for the players.
Players can also cancel their entry to the tournament and can still get their refund if the cancellation is done before the time period specified and before the seating occurs for the tournament. The players would be randomly seated at a random table. At the end of the first round, if a player does not play at least one round and does not reach the table would generally be eliminated.
Rules of tournaments
The rules of tournaments are quite different than the rules of blackjack which is played in casinos. It is always better to study the rules first before participating. Given below are few rules which might be a part of the tournament other than the basic rules which apply to all:
- With a rotate deal, the dealer would start dealing the hands to different players with every hand. This is very commonly found in most tournaments.
- The rotate first bet is also quite common. Here, the players have to first bet in their order and the first player to bet will rotate for each hand clockwise. This would eliminate the seat advantage which would otherwise have existed.
- In some tournaments, secret bets are allowed. With this rule, the players can make a secret bet once in every round where the amount would not be known to the other players.
- With a two players advance rule, the two players who have the largest bankroll would advance to the next round instead of just one player.
- In some tournaments, re-entry is allowed. This means that if a player loses a round, he/she can re-enter the game by paying the entry fee once again.
- Keep bankroll is a rule which is followed in most tournaments. What this means is that all the players would begin every round with the same amount of chips. The bankroll would move from one round to the next one.
- There are a few tournaments which are timed which means that every round would last for a set amount of time.
These were just a few of the rules which can be seen in tournaments. However, there can be quite a lot of unique rules for every tournament.